Wednesday, January 13, 2010

So you think you got it bad huh?

I went to sleep complaining about my hair, clothes and school. I woke feeling the same way. I tweeted my morning tweet and noticed that a lot of people were talking about Haiti's. So me being a future journalist and all, I decided to research it. And wow!!! Every complaint that I went to bed and woke up with ceased me! A body here, a body there, a head smashed beneath rocks and rubble and pavement and dust attached to the body's of the surviving! Schools, homes, cathedrals and family's smashed and destroyed. No time to evacuate, or protect themselves from this deadly disaster!

The body count is in the hundred thousands....... and counting........

I decided that my hair looked fine, and there was no need to go clothes shopping and that school would be ok. But its as shame that it took a tragedy as such, for me to notice those things. As a whole, I think that its vital that we start to become more grateful for the things that we do have, as well as our loved ones. If you're a religious person, keep the families of the Haiti's victims in your prayers. Here's a website where you can donate money to Haiti's. http://tech.spreadit.org/yele-haitiwww-yele-org/ or http://twibbon.com/join/Haiti

-Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. ~James Dean




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers